Wednesday, October 26, 2011

the first kid

OK, so my son is now about 2.5 years old.
He is becoming quite the little person, sometimes being helpful around the house (he always wanted to "help"), wanting to read his bedtime books for himself, becoming articulate.

For the first time (to my knowledge) he requested me to change his diaper. He was in the basement with his mom and she told him he needed a diaper change. All needed material as well as a changer where available in the basement. I was upstairs. He stated that he wanted daddy to change his diaper and walked up the steps for me to get him cleaned up.

Tonight I put him down for bed. A little while later he called out, but not for mom. Daddy is who he wanted. I went to check on him but he was still asleep, having a bad dream I guess. I spoke softly to him and laid him back down. That seemed to be good to him.

Anyone who does not want children, whether because they think it is wrong to bring a child into this world, they are too self absorbed or are just to lazy to put the time in are missing out on one of the best things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment